DIY Velvety Moisturising Lotion
• 100 g carrier oil (jojoba oil was my choice for this recipe)
• 5 g beeswax
• 60 g arrowroot flour (cornflour doesn’t seem to work as a substitution)
• 25 drops of essential oils
MY CHOICE OF ESSENTIAL OILS
My favourite essential oil combo for this recipe are ylang ylang, orange, rose geranium, patchouli (ratio of 10, 6, 5 and 4 drops) but don’t be limited by my suggestions. Use oils that fit your budget, or those that you already have in your collection. Read here for more information.
1. Add carrier oil and beeswax to a glass bowl and heat until completely melted. (Double boiler method– place bowl on a pot of gently simmering water and stir frequently; Microwave method– heat in short bursts on low, stopping and stirring frequently). Remove from heat.
2. Add arrowroot flour and essential oils, and mix until combined.
3. Transfer into container of choice.